Puppy Love

 I posted this on AFF today and it was denied.  I should have known better than to think I could get a picture of a lady in bed with her cat approved, haha!

On to the post...

Have you noticed lately that a lot of people seem more into their pets than interested in finding a human partner?

A few examples:
On my new obsession, Reddit, the menopause sub-reddit recently had a thread recounting the many ways that women are done with men and either want a divorce; or if single, plan on staying that way (I could do a whole post about that thread - maybe some other time). There was a significant digression where women were talking about how they get better companionship from their cat(s) - with a lot less work - than they ever did from their ex-husband or boyfriend. They were not concerned about fitting the cat lady stereotype - not one bit!


Two, I'll admit it, I'm obsessed with The Dogist. It's an Instagram account where this street photographer Elias stops people out walking their dogs and does a quickie interview and photo session.


And even though Elias is OBJECTIVELY attractive, all of the comments on his posts are about the dogs. Things like, "I would literally give my life for Rosie".

But the most amusing example of this that I've seen lately was on my daily Bookbub newsletter where I get ads for e-books that are on sale.


What a twist! Usually these hack romances about falling in love with a billionaire - this author is clearly in tune with the current ethos and has her fall in love with his dog instead!! 😂

Ok, on to a little daily feature. The SECRET WORD OF THE DAY! Look for the italicized word in my posts. Keep track of them and string them together and maybe you'll find a prize!


Everybody scream!! LOL.

I know this concept probably seems like an enigma at the moment, but trust the process.


Comments

  1. Now it's been denied for the third time. I keep deleting stuff out of it. I feel like I can't escalate it or complain about it in the "Was your post denied?" thread because they'll pick up on the secret word trick. Le Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It says a lot that your post was denied on AFF but not here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all know they are super super sensitive about any content relating to pets or animals. On try #2 I removed the cat lady picture. On try #3 I changed the title to "Insert title here" instead of "Puppy Love". Debbi thinks it's the coded direction at the bottom that's getting it denied.

      Delete
    2. I got nearly all my animal postings through on AFF. It's difficult to understand why posts got denied. It could be Misha Bell book image which may be seen as advertising especially with dollars mentioned.

      Delete
    3. Yes, that's a good point about the book. That image actually had been removed the first time the post was denied. On second try I put it back. On third try I removed the entire discussion about people being more into their pets than other people, including both images, and merely shared the video about the dog photographer (along with the bottom secret word section). It still got denied.

      Delete
    4. There's no rhyme and reason with AFF.

      Delete
  3. It doesn't surprise me more people are turning to pets. But, pets won't replace human contact, and I hope people come to that understanding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true. It's funny, right after I posted this I came across an article in the New York Times magazine that made that point. It was a hilarious article - the author took his dog on a trip and each night they stayed at a luxury pet kennel. He made arrangements to stay in the same room as his dog so he could get the whole experience. One night the facility manager came and read them a bedtime story, LOL.

      Delete
  4. I am loving this site as I do not miss my posts being denied at all. Interesting read and have definitely seen the change in society when it comes to loving pets more than humans..lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really nice having posts and comments instantly publish, too.

      Delete
    2. That is absolutely the best part of this site.

      Delete
    3. One more reason to prefer this site over the other one..

      Delete
  5. I've been reading the scambait sub-reddit page since it's always good for a few chuckles.

    Now that I'm figuring Blogger out more, I'm starting to enjoy blogging here and now trying to recreate some of the posts of my travels. Since I didn't save the posts, I have to start from scratch but at least I have all the photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never been on Reddit myself and have no interest to..

      Delete
    2. Reddit can definitely be a rabbit hole so I'm trying to keep my use under control. Mainly I follow the menopause and AFib sub-reddits and have picked up some useful info from both. But I do occasionally get sucked into reading an AITA (Am I The Asshole) post, haha!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

HNW - Favorite Body Part

The Latest